Tuesday, March 20, 2012

1st Day of . . . Spring?

Happy 1st Day of Spring!  At least that's what the calendar says.  It is only March 20th, right?  It was a little hard to believe it when I parked my car at the trail for my run today and the temperature read 82 degrees.  In Michigan.  After our strange winter (or lack there-of), I suppose it shouldn't have been a surprise.  But still.  82 degrees in March?!?

Anyway, today was my "Last Chance Run" before the big Rock CF Rivers 1/2 Marathon on Sunday.  Coincidentally, it was also my first long run of the season.  And by long run I mean it was half the distance of the upcoming race.  I already have blisters.

I'll be able to run the 13.1 miles but it's not gonna be pretty.  sigh.  I'll live but I may never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment