Thursday, December 1, 2011

What's in Your Meat Drawer?

This weekend when Brian was putting away the groceries, he said, "I'm putting the cilantro in the meat drawer."  He was being totally serious but I burst out laughing because I suddenly thought about how ridiculous the contents of our "meat" drawer would seem to most people.  Granted, produce doesn't usually go in there but everything else in there makes perfect sense to us.  I thought I'd give you a peek inside.




Tortillas
Prunes
Cilantro
Flax seeds
Barley
Smart Ground meatless ground beef
Yeast

Sometimes there are other meatless meat products or Daiya cheese in there.  Brian definitely has a block of some actual cheese hiding in the back of the drawer but for the most part, this is it! 

Why do we still call it the meat drawer then?  Old habits die hard, I guess.  And "Prune Drawer" just hasn't quite caught on...yet.

So, what's in your meat drawer?

1 comment:

  1. cheese slices, shredded cheese small foil package of sour cream (unknown source), Gimmee Lean, Hershey kisses.

    ReplyDelete