Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Realization

There is a group of 3 guys that run in my neighborhood and for the past several years I've just so happened to look out my window on Christmas morning as they've been running down my street.  Each time I've marveled aloud to Brian about their dedication and commitment to running both in the wintry conditions and on Christmas day.  And I pretty much thought they were crazy.

About halfway through my Christmas morning run, I realized that I am now one of those runners.  I didn't think twice about getting out there in the snow.  Sure it was slippery but I was more careful that usual.  Yes it was cold but I dressed appropriately and warmed up quickly.  And although it was Christmas it wasn't too busy to fit in a run.  It was quiet and peaceful and relaxing.  Merry Christmas to me!

That's what I did for myself this Christmas.  I hope you were able to take a little time out for yourself, as well.  

 

1 comment:

  1. That my take on yoga....there is never a day that will not be improved with a good practice.

    ReplyDelete