Tuesday, September 24, 2013

On the Run: Run Wild for the Detroit Zoo 10K - 2013



Last week I ran by 6th Run Wild 10k, an event that marked 6 years of racing for me.  Looking back at my first Run Wild, it's amazing how far I've come!  I wasn't blogging then but I can tell you since that first race many things about my running have improved - pacing, speed, form, confidence.  I used to only like running.  Now I LOVE it.  It's part of my life.  I love going back to run this race every year.  It is important to me because it's what got me started.  It's what got me hooked on racing.  And I love being able to shave a minute or two off my time from one year to the next.

This year was a little different due to my training plan.  I had run 10 miles the day before so my legs weren't as fresh as they usually are on race day.  The day of the race I needed to run 15 miles so I ran the 5k (unofficially) as a warm-up.  I could tell I was a little tired during the race and even though I pushed myself I couldn't quite give it my all. In the end I didn't take any time off last year's result.  I exactly tied my time from last year.  To the second.  At least I wasn't any slower, right?

I placed 1st in my age group and 3rd woman overall. 

Distance
 10k  

Time 
43:17


Pace 
6:59/mile

Fuel
Vanilla chia pudding

Tunes 
Break the Walls / Fitz & the Tantrums  
The Stars Are Ours / Mayer Hawthorne  
Bitter Rivals / Sleigh Bells  
Blurred Lines / Robin Thicke  
What Makes You Beautiful / One Direction  
Dance Apocolyptic / Janelle Monae  
A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) / Fergie (ft. Q-Tip & Goonrock)  
You've Got Time / Regina Spektor  
I Love It / Icona Pop  
Runaway Baby / Bruno Mars  
We Found Love / Rihanna
Supermassive Black Hole / Muse
 Locked Out of Heaven / Bruno Mars

Did I have fun?  Yes.  Yes, I did!  And then I ran another 6 miles.  I had to finish out my 15, after all.  


Next race: Detroit Women's 1/2 Marathon, September 22nd

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the Run: Run Wild for the Detroit Zoo 10K - 2013 is a second best story on this week that I like. Metro Airport Taxi

    ReplyDelete