Thursday, February 5, 2015

Maya Kaimal Indian Simmer Sauces

I love to cook but I also like convenience.  To be perfectly honest, I don't have the time or inclination (mostly the latter) to make my own sauces.  If I can find a jarred sauce with a short list of pronounceable ingredients, I'm going to use it.  I discovered Maya Kaimal Indian Simmer Sauces at my local Westborn Market.  There are 6 flavors (4 are vegan, the other 2 contain milk).  Without question, Kashmiri Curry is my favorite.  I like to mix it up sometimes and get other flavors but when I do I sometimes get sad that I didn't just get the Kashmiri Curry.  

You can whip up the easiest comfort meal with one of these sauces.  I've already posted a recipe using for Easy Eggplant Curry, using a different brand of sauce.  You can use make that recipe with a Maya Kaimal sauce (or any simmer sauce you can find).  Lately I've just been throwing a bag of frozen cauliflower, a bag of frozen peas/carrots, and a can of chickpeas in a big skillet along with the jar of sauce and a tiny bit of water to rinse out the jar.  Bring it to a boil, then turn it down, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Done!  Serve over your favorite rice.  Mine is brown basmati.  


The Jalfrezi Curry is good but not as flavorful as the Kashmiri Curry.  I also had some leftover fresh green beans that I added to the mix.

Simple and delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment