Monday, February 21, 2011

On the Run: Riverview Winterfest 4-Mile Run 2011


Last Sunday I ran my first race of the season.  The race was Riverview Winterfest 4-Mile Run, a flat course through residential neighborhoods.  I hadn't run outside since November so this was just the motivation I needed to get me out the door and moving on a chilly winter morning.  The temps were in the mid to high 30's so once I got running, it wasn't bad.   I started out too fast and had to get adjusted to the cold but by mile 2 I really hit my stride and it felt incredibly great to be running. 

Time 
30:06

Pace 
7:32/mile

Fuel 
Coconut Cream Pie Larabar, banana

Tunes

Lisztomania / Phoenix   
The Great Defector / Bell X1   
Holiday / Vampire Weekend    
Kick Drum Heart / The Avett Brothers 
Tightrope (ft. Big Boi) / Janelle Monáe   
1983 / Neon Trees   
The Sound of Settling / Death Cab for Cutie
Song Away / Hockey    
How You Like Me Now? / The Heavy    
Miami / Will Smith   
Power (rmx) f. Jay-Z / Kanye West   
The Way / Fastball


Next race: Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon, March 20th


No comments:

Post a Comment