Saturday, April 2, 2011

On the Run: Martian Invasion of Races Half Marathon 2011

Today I ran my longest half marathon ever.  You read that correctly - not slowest, longest.  You see, instead of being 13.1 miles, this one was 13.4.  Initially, I was a tad disappointed with my overall time since it was a couple of minutes slower than the same race last year.  However, Running Fit has adjusted the results to reflect the correct distance and it turns out my pace is 6 seconds better this year than last.  Not too shabby, huh?
 
Despite predictions of snow and ice, the sun was shining and the course was dry.  Overall, it was a pretty decent run, although I started out too fast and began to tire out at mile 10.  I'll have to remember next time to take it easier at the start.  I think I was over-excited after having set a new PR two weeks ago and hoped to do just a little better today.  Even though I didn't set a new PR for time, however, I did set a new one for distance!

Time 
1:41:49

Pace 
7:46/mile

Fuel 
Iced Oatmeal Raisin Luna Bar, banana

Tunes
Rolling In The Deep / Adele
How You Like Me Now? / The Heavy
Lisztomania / Phoenix
Tightrope (ft. Big Boi) / Janelle Monae
LDN / Lily Allen
Howlin' For You / The Black Keys
Holiday / Vampire Weekend
Don't Shut 'Em Down / Flogging Molly
Keep Your Head / The Ting Tings
Mine Smell Like Honey / R.E.M.
Song Away / Hockey
Magic / B.o.B. (feat. Rivers Cuomo)
Under Cover Of Darkness / The Strokes
Shut Up And Drive / Rihanna
1983 / Neon Trees
Sweet Child O' Mine / Guns N’ Roses
Kids / MGMT
Bad Romance / Lady Gaga
Kick Drum Heart / The Avett Brothers
Second Chance / Peter Bjorn and John
Discipline / Nine Inch Nails
American Slang / The Gaslight Anthem
Fell in Love With a Girl / The White Stripes
Selfish Man / Flogging Molly
Bodysnatchers / Radiohead
Run This Town (Ft.Rihanna and Kanye West) / Jay-Z
Chop And Change / The Black Keys
Fighter / Christina Aguilera
Lose Yourself / Eminem
 








Next race: Back to the Beach, Half Marathon - May 22nd

No comments:

Post a Comment