Sunday, March 20, 2011

On the Run: Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon 2011


Today I ran my first half marathon of the season.  I was as ill-prepared for it as ever, having done only three 4-mile runs since the fallI totally rocked this one, though, and it ended up being my fastest half marathon yet!  Sometimes I wonder how well I could do if I actually trained for these things...  

Anyway, the race was on Grosse Ile and it was a benefit for cystic fibrosis.  There were about 1,500 runners, which far exceeded the organizers' expectations for the 1st annual race.  The course was clean, well-marked, and there were plenty of water stations and supporters along the way.  The finish line was on the football field at the high school so you got to run around the track and finish with people cheering on the sidelines and in the bleachers.  Pretty cool.

I'm in the homestretch!
At the end they had water, bananas, homemade cookies, and bagels from Panera.  Of course none of the bagels were vegan (what, no blueberry?) but the banana was good and I grabbed a few things for Brian.  After all, he was up with me at 5 a.m. and had to entertain himself while I ran around the island, so he deserved a treat.  We made a Starbucks run on the way home and my coffee went perfectly with the Avalon date bar that was waiting for me at home.

Time 
1:41:04

Pace 
7:46/mile

Fuel 
Toasted Nuts and Cranberry Luna Bar, banana

Tunes
Rolling In The Deep / Adele
How You Like Me Now? / The Heavy
Lisztomania / Phoenix
Tightrope (ft. Big Boi) / Janelle Monae
LDN / Lily Allen
Howlin' For You / The Black Keys
Holiday / Vampire Weekend
Don't Shut 'Em Down / Flogging Molly
Keep Your Head / The Ting Tings
Mine Smell Like Honey / R.E.M.
Song Away / Hockey
Magic / B.o.B. (feat. Rivers Cuomo)
Under Cover Of Darkness / The Strokes
Shut Up And Drive / Rihanna
1983 / Neon Trees
Sweet Child O' Mine / Guns N’ Roses
Kids / MGMT
Bad Romance / Lady Gaga
Kick Drum Heart / The Avett Brothers
Second Chance / Peter Bjorn and John
Discipline / Nine Inch Nails
American Slang / The Gaslight Anthem
Fell in Love With a Girl / The White Stripes
Selfish Man / Flogging Molly
Bodysnatchers / Radiohead
Run This Town (Ft.Rihanna and Kanye West) / Jay-Z
Chop And Change / The Black Keys
Fighter / Christina Aguilera
Lose Yourself / Eminem
 


Next race: Martian Invasion of Races, Half Marathon - April 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment