Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Menu at Woodbridge Pub



Brian and I finally made it back to Woodbridge Pub last night to try out their summer menu.  I love that when I go there, I don't have to order the lone vegan item on the menu because there are quite a few to choose from.  Here's the breakdown of vegan dishes on the summer menu - 3 starters, 1 salad, 1 soup, 2 burgers, 1 entree, and 3 sides.  (There are also 6 additional vegetarian items.)  

We started with the guacamole and tortilla chips.  I've only recently discovered the wonder that is the avocado so, believe it or not, this was actually my first time ever tasting guacamole.  That being said, I can't compare it to any other guacamole but I thought it was tasty - very creamy, flavorful, and fresh.  Brian liked it a lot, too. I wouldn't want to order it every time - mainly because I want to try the other starters - but it's definitely something I would eat again.


Guacamole with tortilla chips - $6


For my entree I ordered the Summer Strata, which is a stack of black beans, cilantro rice, squash, tomato, and red pepper emulsion.  It was delish!  The beans and rice were so flavorful and the red pepper emulsion was a nice light finishing touch.  It was filling but didn't leave me feeling weighted down.  I thought this dish paired well with the guacamole and chips...and the $10 bottle of house wine they offer on Fridays and Saturdays.



 
Summer Strata - $10

If you haven't been in to check out the new summer menu at Woodbridge, be sure to do so soon!  


Woodbridge Pub is located at 5169 Trumbull in Detroit
Open Monday-Wednesday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 11:00 a.m. - midnight; Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment