Monday, February 18, 2013

On the Run: Riverview Winterfest 4-Mile Run 2013

I kicked off the 2013 race season last Sunday with a 4-mile run in Riverview.  Although this is a shorter distance than my usual Sunday run, I was super pumped to do a race - my first since October!  This one has a nice flat course, it's small and organized, and everyone is very friendly.  Conditions were ideal for February in Michigan - 28 degrees at race time, minimal wind, and dry roads.  What more can a girl ask for?

Two years ago when I ran this race I came in 4th in my age group.  The top 3 finishers get awards, so that was my goal this year.  Ideally I wanted to finish 1st or 2nd.  I ended up coming in 2nd in my age group, 7th female overall.  I won a cool mug to show for it.   

When I was given my award, I was told that with my speed and young looks, I could run on the high school track team.  HA!


Time 
28:02

Pace 
7:01/mile

Fuel 
Banana

Tunes
New Day / Alicia Keys  
Change / Churchill
We Come Running / Youngblood Hawke 
Everybody Talks / Neon Trees
One More Night / Maroon 5
I Knew You Were Trouble / Taylor Swift  
I Will Wait / Mumford & Sons
Something Good Can Work / Two Door Cinema Club


Next race: ShamRock 'n' Roll Run 10K - March 17th 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda,

    Congrats on your race and 2nd place finish. Nice mug too! I haven't done a race this year yet. Perhaps in March I'll give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ken! Yeah, it felt great to get out there and compete. I have 2 races in March. You should definitely do one yourself! :)

      Delete