You can make this recipe using any winter squash. We've made it many times with acorn and it's turned out great. If you do find a sweet dumpling or delicata, I recommend choosing that for it's sweet flavor.
Stuffed Sweet Dumpling Squash
1 sweet dumpling squash
1/4 cup couscous
1/4 cup boiling water
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
2 tbsp. dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the squash in half and remove seeds. Place cut sides down in a baking dish. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Turn cut sides up. Bake, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes more or until tender.
2. While the squash is cooking, prepare the couscous by pouring the boiling water over the couscous. Set aside while the water absorbs. Chop the onion and pepper.
3. When there is about 10 minutes left on the squash, preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil; heat. Add the onion and green pepper; sauté until softened and fragrant.
4. Add the BOCA crumbles and cook until heated, about 2-3 minutes. If things start to stick add a little bit of water. Add the couscous and stir to combine. Heat through. Add the cranberries at the end and stir.
5. Remove the squash from the pan and evenly divide the couscous mixture between halves. Serve immediately.