Sunday, June 7, 2015

Post-Run Rehydration

I'm normally very good with staying hydrated.  Due to humid weather and some recent end of the school year (ahem) indulging, I've been a bit dehydrated.  Even though the weather was cool and the humidity was down, I was feeling the effects of that yesterday after finishing my long run.  Instead of turning toward my usual post-run oatmeal, I found myself craving a cool and creamy green smoothie.  Thankfully I had a couple of bananas tucked away in my freezer.  What's a smoothie without frozen bananas?  I just needed to grab a couple of things at the corner farm market, toss it all in the Vitamix, and I was good to go!


Post-Run Summer Smoothie
(print recipe)

Ingredients:

1 bag baby spinach, rinsed
1/2 pineapple, cored and cut into chunks
Mango, peeled and cut into chunks
2 frozen bananas

Directions:

1. Blend spinach, pineapple, and mango in blender* until liquified.
2. Add frozen banana until creamy and smooth.  Do not over-blend.

*High-powered blender, such as Vitamix does the job well!  If you have a regular blender you may need to add water to get it to blend.

Serves 2.  Or one very hungry and dehydrated runner!


No comments:

Post a Comment