Monday, November 28, 2011

Traffic Jam and Snug Restaurant - Detroit, MI

 

On Saturday we celebrated Jaime's (my sis-in-law) birthday at Traffic Jam & Snug, which is in Detroit, just across the street from Motor City Brewing Works (another favorite of mine).  It was busy when we got there at 6:00 so we ended up waiting about 40 minutes for a table.  At least there's a big waiting area so it wasn't too bad.

There are a few vegetarian items on the menu but nothing specifically vegan so I just asked the server.  She excitedly told me that the Ethiopian platter is vegan (she would double check on the bread) and it's her favorite thing on the menu.  She also said that the Tex-Mex Lentil Burger, minus the guacamole and cheese, is vegan.  If I wanted a salad I could choose the Dijon vinaigrette or the balsamic vinaigrette.  Not too many choices but for a menu loaded with chicken, fish, and meatloaf, I wasn't about to complain!

Jaime ordered the lentil burger and liked it a lot.  I ended up ordering the Ethiopian platter, which came with a side salad with Dijon vinaigrette and traditional Tef injera bread (which was, indeed, vegan.)  Everything was absolutely delicious and quite filling.  I would definitely go back and have this again!  (And I'd like to try the lentil burger sometime so that means multiple return visits.)


Yekik We't Ethiopian platter (spicy baby red peas, yellow lentils, sauteed collard greens) - $10.25

 Tef injera bread - it was sort of like a pancake!

Traffic Jam & Snug is located at 511 West Canfield Street in Detroit
Open Sunday 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Monday - Thursday 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-12:00 a.m.


Traffic Jam is going to be featured on the Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri tonight at 10:00 p.m.  Check it out and leave a comment below to let me know what you think (I don't have cable to watch it).

1 comment:

  1. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Detroit MI

    ReplyDelete