Monday, August 20, 2012

Easy Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

Have an overabundance of cherry or grape tomatoes?  Want an easy, healthy, and delicious way to cook a lot of them at once?  Then get roasting!  Now is the perfect time, especially if you're in Michigan with this oddly cooler August we're having.

I got some beautiful heirloom cherry tomatoes at the farmer's market last week - 1 quart of yellow and 1 quart of some red variety.  You can use any kind you want.  I liked having two different varieties because of the color and flavor contrast.

I follow Susan's method over at Fat Free Vegan Kitchen; however, I usually find my tomatoes to be juicy enough that I don't need to add any broth or water.  Yesterday I stirred in some fresh basil from the garden after the tomatoes were done roasting.  We love these tomatoes so much that we always double the recipe and make it in a 9x11-inch pan - and there are NEVER leftovers!

Brian made bruschetta and spooned it over grilled Italian bread.



I made an entree of mine and served it atop a mix of quinoa and spinach.



There are many different things you can do with the tomatoes once they are roasted.  (Such as add them to my Israeli Couscous & Roasted Vegetable Salad.)  But honestly, they are so delicious you'll have a hard time wanting to do anything but just eat them straight out of the pan!

What do you like to do with roasted tomatoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment