Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer Berry Parfait

It's been forever since I've posted a recipe.  Like forever-ever!  This one is hardly a recipe but it'll have to tide you over until I get a real one for you. (I'm putting the finishing touches on a new muffin recipe that should be ready soon - stay tuned!)

I posted a picture of this on the Vegan Road Runner Facebook page recently but I know not everyone follows me there. In case you missed it, here's my current favorite summer lunch.  It would also make a fabulous breakfast.  





Summer Berry Parfait

Ingredients:

1 cup strawberries, rinsed and sliced
1/2 cup blueberries, rinsed
6 oz. vanilla soy yogurt
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats (dry)
1 tbsp. toasted wheat germ*

*If you have a wheat allergy, omit or substitute with something you can tolerate.  I like the flavor it adds but it's also tasty without it.

Directions:   

1. Combine the berries in a bowl.
2. Top with yogurt, oats, and wheat germ.
3. Mix together and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving.

This bowl packs a nutritious punch!  Antioxidants and vitamin C (berries); protein and calcium (soy yogurt); B-vitamins, folate, Vitamin E, minerals (wheat germ); fiber (berries, oats, and wheat germ).


What's your favorite fresh fruit breakfast or lunch?


No comments:

Post a Comment