Tuesday, July 30, 2013

On the Run: End of Summer/Early Fall Races

August 3rd: Allen Park Run - 10K

August 17th: Run For the Hills - 10K

August 25th: Merrell Down & Dirty - 10K (signed up but may not do it)

September 15th: Run Wild for the Detroit Zoo - 10K

September 22nd: Detroit Women's Half Marathon

September 29th: Brooksie Way Half Marathon

October 5th: Porcupine Mountains Trail Half Marathon

October 20th: Detroit Free Press Marathon

October 27th: Wicked Halloween Run - 10K

Phew!  I think that's all of them.  It may seem like a lot but I'm using them as training for my marathon.  For example, the day I have the Detroit Women's Half I'm scheduled to run 12 miles.  13 is close enough.  Same with the Porcupine Mountains half.  The day of the Brooksie Way I'm scheduled for 20.  After I cross the finish line I'll do an out-and-back down the the course to make up the last 7 miles.  People will still be racing so I'll have crowd support and other runners.  Not a bad way to get my 20 in for the day!

What upcoming races do you have on your calendar?


No comments:

Post a Comment