Monday, April 7, 2014

Boston Marathon Countdown: 2 Weeks

2 weeks from this moment, I will be done running the 26.2 miles from Hopkinton to Copley Square.  I will have made my way up and down the Newton Hills; conquered Heartbreak Hill.  I will have taken in all the sights and sounds along the way.  2 weeks from this moment, I will be relaxing and celebrating with Brian.  It's hard to believe it will be here so soon!

But I can't think about all this quite yet.  I still have the race to run.  And I still have 2 weeks of training.  Yes, it's taper time but I need to stay focused.  I'll be running daily, just fewer miles.  As my mileage decreases I'll work on increasing my amount of sleep - something that has been severely lacking in these months of intense training.  That's going to be huge for me - making sure I'm well-rested. I've done so well staying healthy and I need to keep that up in these final days.  (2nd graders - keep your germs away!)

All in all, the past 2 weeks of training haven't been too intense, which has helped me rest up a bit.  I finished out week 13 with a 4-minute PR at the Rock CF 1/2 marathon.  That was a big boost for me near the end of my training!  Nice to see my hard work paying off.

I just have one more race - the Martian Invasion of Races 10K this Saturday - before the big day.  I won't go too hard at it.  I usually do the half so it will be strange to just be running the 10K.  I'll also be there running the Kids Marathon with my Girl's Running Club from school.  It will be a nice last weekend before heading to Boston the next Saturday. 

Here's my training from the past two weeks:



I'll check back in before I hop on the plane.  Happy Running!

Previous Boston Marathon Countdown Posts: 14 Weeks12 Weeks10 Weeks8 Weeks6 Weeks, 4 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment