Sunday, May 1, 2011

Woodbridge Pub - Detroit, MI


Last night we had dinner at Woodbridge Pub, located near Wayne State University in the Historic Woodbridge neighborhood.  The building has been there for a long time but was renovated a few years ago and turned into Woodbridge Pub.  There are lots of big windows to let in natural light and the inside décor is trendy yet homey.  They have a good selection of beer and wine, much of it local.

When we first ate there in the winter I had a delicious tofu sandwich on sourdough bread.  There were several vegetarian and vegan options on the menu, although the sandwich was the only vegan entrée.  When we went last night I was all set to have the sandwich again but was surprised to find a whole different menu.  They have a local and seasonal menu so I was looking at their spring menu.  Their vegan menu items include 2 appetizers, 2 burgers, and 4 sides.  One of the sides is a vegan mac and cheese!  There are also quite a few vegetarian items.  It's a little pricey but considering it's local and the food is really good, I'm okay with paying a little extra.

For an appetizer, Brian and I shared the Red and Black Bean Dip, which is just mashed beans, onions, and spices.  It was very fresh and flavorful.  For my entrée I had the White Bean Burger with a side of grilled asparagus.  The burger was delicious!  The texture, along with the cumin and parsley, reminded me of falafel.  It was served on a fresh bun from Avalon.  Yum!  I’ll definitely be returning for another meal off their spring menu and can’t wait for what their summer menu will offer.  

Red & Black Bean Dip with tortilla chips - $6.00




White Bean Burger - $9.00

Grilled Asparagus - $3.00

No comments:

Post a Comment