Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to Work, Back to Reality

Although summer may not officially be over until September 22nd, it has already come to an end for me.  I know that many of you reading this are not teachers and probably feel no pity that I have to work again after having two and a half months off.  I am not, however, going to turn this into a defensive piece about my job schedule (but seriously - spend a school year in my shoes and you'd need that break, too!).  

No, I just want to let you know that after spending just two full days in my classroom, I am exhausted.  Too exhausted to post a recipe, upload a picture, or reflect on yesterday's run.  Getting ready to teach a new group of students each year is challenging enough but it's even more overwhelming when you've moved to a new classroom and will be teaching a new grade.  One that you've only taught for half a year.  The second half of the year.  By that point those kids were teaching me! 

Anyway, my point is that I'll be very busy with work now and when I'm not working, I'll be trying to squeeze in my runs, get to the gym, and make healthy dinners using the fresh produce from our CSA before it shrivels up in the vegetable drawer.  These will all stay priorities for me but I will definitely have to do some picking and choosing.  Like maybe I can't do a morning run AND an afternoon weight session AND cycle class all in the same day.  (Hmmm, maybe having less time to work out will be good for me...)

I've had so much fun blogging on a regular basis this summer and I'm sad that I won't have as much time to work on it as I did then.  But don't worry - I'm not going to stop completely!  Hopefully I can still do a few posts a week.  Once I get into the swing of things with work it will get easier to manage my time so be sure to keep checking in!

Thanks for reading!

Are any of you getting ready for a new school year (as a student, parent, teacher)?

3 comments:

  1. Hey! So 5th grade I'm guessing. Those kids taught us all a few things. Hope you have a wonderful year! Hopefully I'll see you around..... (-; Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary therese lemanekAugust 31, 2011 at 7:09 PM

    Yep...getting ready in a sort of tangential way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susan! No, 1st grade - but I can see why you thought 5th! :) Hope it's a good year for you, too. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete