Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Return to Supino Pizzeria

Pizza at Supino!  Finally!  We've been wanting to get back to eat here for months and I honestly don't know what took us so long.  I'd give you some excuses but they'll all sound lame because, really, there is NO EXCUSE not to eat here.  Anyway, we got to Supino around 5:30 on Saturday and had our choice of tables.  Eastern Market closed at 5:00 so it was really quiet on Russell Street.  I don't know if this is always a good time to go or if we just lucked out.  (In case you haven't been, Supino is a pretty small place and getting a table right away isn't always such an easy thing to do.)

We got a great spot by the window and it didn't take long for us to choose our pizzas.  (I was starving after my 10K earlier in the day so that helped me make a quick decision.)  I ordered my pizza with red sauce, spinach, mushrooms, and grilled eggplant (no cheese, of course).  Spinach and mushrooms are pretty standard for me but I'd never had eggplant on pizza.  Oh wow! It was amazing.  So creamy and flavorful!  Eggplant is one of those veggies that isn't easy to get right but Dave Mancini (the man behind the pizza) sure knows what he's doing.  So we each ordered our own small (10") pizza and ate every last bit.  Was I stuffed?  Yes.  Was it worth it?  Hell yes!


mushrooms, spinach, eggplant, and red sauce


Mmm...take a closer look at these fresh toppings.



If you've never been to Supino - or you haven't been in a while - you'll want to get down to Russell Street ASAP!  Otherwise you're surely missing out on the best pizza in Detroit. 

Please read my previous post about our first visit to Supino. Speaking of that post, while having dinner we talked to Dave and he told me he read it.  A famous pizzeria owner read my blog?!?  About his pizzeria?!?  Yeah, so if he read it, you should read it, too!  (Keep in mind that it was only my 3rd post ever, okay?)

Supino Pizzeria is located at 2457 Russell Street in Detroit
Open Tuesday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Friday - Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday - Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment