Friday, August 12, 2011

Farmer's Market Fridays - 8/12/11

It's Friday and you know what that means - yoga, farmer's market, and coffee!  I am going to keep this post brief today because the day is too beautiful to spend it sitting in front of a computer.  

Here's what I picked up from my Living Stones CSA today:


dinosaur kale, rainbow chard, and collard greens

sunflower shoots

beets

hot peppers

eggplant and pickling cucumbers

pattypan and yellow squash

tomatoes

I stopped over to say hi to Farmer Glen and buy some potatoes.  Last week I used his Yukon Golds to make crispy, delicious, fat free potato chips (check back next week for more about that).  I also got some carrots because they looked too good to pass up.


Yukon Gold potatoes

sweet carrots


Our last stop before leaving the market was at Binell Brothers Cutlery & Supply Co. for some knife-sharpening.  I got one knife sharpened for $2 and then bought a used knife for $2.  Used but in good condition and, of course, sharp.  You can't beat a good knife for $2.

Instead of getting coffee at Panera we went to Starbucks.  We wanted iced coffee and as far as I'm concerned, no one else makes it like Starbucks.  There are also great tables outside to sit and enjoy our coffee and the weather.  And an Avalon date bar.  But you knew that.

Now I want to get outside for a quick run and some yard work.  It's funny how even pulling weeds can be enjoyable when the weather is so perfect.  Of course, lounging around on the patio with a book is probably (definitely) even more enjoyable, so I'll be doing that later on today as well.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be back next week, hopefully with a recipe for Meatless Monday...and more about those potato chips I hinted at.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment: