Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Post

I know, I'm tired of looking at that post about the Chinese restaurant, too.  It's time I post about something new.  ANYTHING.  With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season as well as dealing with a lot of stress and anxiety from some personal, health, and work issues, blogging has been just about the last thing on my mind.  Now that I've been on vacation for a week I've had some time to relax, recharge, and come up with material for new posts.  I guess I just needed a break.


 

Happy 2012!  I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions.  I think they're sort of silly.  I get that it's a new year so you're making a new start but why can't you decide to make a change any day of the year?  Why does it have to be January first?  And so many people make their resolutions and by a week or a month they've already forgotten or lost their resolve or what have you.  But if it works for you go for it.  

I do, however, like the idea of a fresh start.  2011 was not the best year.  I describe the past 4 months as "the perfect s#*t storm."  Many of the factors - teaching a new grade, losing Murray, having pneumonia - were out of my control.  How I dealt with them - skipping workouts, not eating right, withdrawing from friends - could have been better.

I do hope and pray that 2012 will be a better year.  I can't change what kind of hand I'm dealt in life.  What I can change, however, is how I react to it and not lose sight of my own health and well-being in the process.  Does that sound like a New Year's resolution?  Damn.  I guess I may have just made one after all.

Happy New Year!

Brian, Andrew, and Jaime at midnight - wahoo!


What's your take on New Year's resolutions?  Did you make one this year?


1 comment:

  1. Making resolutions is like setting goals...could be helpful but often create an either/or sort of mentality. Life is a process during which we acknowledge and connect with our center in an ongoing way; resolutions feel more external to the self, more linear and less integrated. I like your insight that each day offers a new opportunity to become more of who we are.

    ReplyDelete