Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

I few weeks ago I made the Low-Fat Pumpkin Bean Bars recipe from Happy Herbivore.  They were delicious, although I  hesitate to call them "bars" due to the fact that they weren't firm enough to pick up.  It seemed more like a pie filling than a bar and once I realized that, I could hardly wait to make them again!  So for Thanksgiving, I made the recipe and poured it into a ready-made graham cracker crust.  

The result?  YUM!!  We ate it at room temperature but when I had a leftover slice the next day, it was straight from the fridge and tasted even better cold.  The filling is smooth and velvety, almost like cheesecake.  It is a tad too sweet so I think I'll try making it without the brown sugar next time, especially if I want to have the graham cracker crust.  

What I love about this dessert is that it doesn't use tofu like so many other vegan pumpkin pie recipes.  (Not that I have anything against tofu but I do try to be conscious about the amount of soy I consume.)  I also love the texture and the fact that it is so easy to make!  I just blend all the ingredients in my VitaMix, pour it in a pan, and bake it.  

I forgot to take a picture before most of it was eaten. 
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading out to buy another graham cracker crust for my leftover pumpkin puree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment