Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Here are some photos from our almost* vegan Thanksgiving feast.  I'll give the recipes in subsequent posts.

Roasted Holiday Vegetables from La Dolce Vegan!  I used carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, beets, and sweet onion.  My brother said they were the best part of the meal.
Wild Rice and Veggie Stuffing - This stuffing was a grand slam because not only was it delicious, it cooked in the crockpot, which meant less juggling of oven temperatures and cooking times.
Homemade French bread used to make the stuffing.


My plate - along with the stuffing and vegetables is Meatless Meatloaf from The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook.  Instead of gravy I used ketchup, although it was also delicious on it's own.


Other menu items included unadulterated steamed green beans, mashed potatoes (non-vegan), Road's End shiitake mushroom gravy, Trader Joe's refrigerated biscuits (non-vegan), pumpkin pie, and sugar cookies (non-vegan).  All in all it was a delicious meal and although I thought I kept myself under control, I was so full afterward.  We have some leftovers but my dinner tonight is going to one huge salad!

* Since I am the only vegan in my family and I respect everyone's eating decisions, I don't get all preachy about non-vegan items being served at dinner.  The majority of the meal was vegan and (other than the turkey that my brother snuck into the house) the rest was vegetarian.

We also ate at my in-law's house earlier in the day.  My contributions to that largely non-vegan meal were a large green salad and (slightly modified) Edamame 3-Bean Salad from Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.  I also had some vegan stuffing that my sister-in-law made that had Brussels sprouts and garam masala but forgot to snap a picture.

Edamame 3-Bean Salad

What was your favorite dish at Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment