Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dinner Tonight at Woodbridge Pub

I'm super excited about tonight!  I'm going to dinner at Woodbridge Pub with my friends Katie and Tony.  Woodbridge still has their spring menu for a few days before it changes over to the summer menu.  While I'm really looking forward to seeing what's on the new menu and trying something different, my favorite burger may not be on it.  Therefore, tonight may be my last chance to have the Stever McFever for a while.  What's the Stever McFever, you ask?  Only THE best black bean burger around, that's what!  It's a flavorful, handmade patty topped with grilled onions (but I leave those off), fresh tomato, avocado creme, and the most delicious balsamic glaze I've ever tasted.  It's served on a hearty Avalon vegan bun with a side of fresh tortilla chips.  Warning: The balsamic glaze may get a little messy but it's totally worth it.  (The bathroom is really nice so you can wash your hands after.)

Stever McFever - $9.00

Last time Brian and I were there we were celebrating that I was done with the school year so we splurged a little bit.  For an appetizer we had the salsa verde, which is incredibly delicious.  It had just the right amount of heat and the onions weren't overpowering. 

Salsa Verde w/ tortilla chips - $6.00
  
We each also ordered a side to go with our burgers.  I had the Spring Vegetable Saute, which is a mix of asparagus, carrots, sweet peas, and I think strips of green onion.  Brian ordered the Vegan "Mac 'n Cheese."  It was funny when he ordered it because even though it clearly says it's vegan on the menu, the server gave him a long look and said, "You know that's vegan, right?"  Anyway, it was pretty tasty and had a surprising spiciness to it; however, it seemed a little dry to me.  I probably wouldn't order it for myself but later I wondered if you mixed it together with the spring vegetables, maybe it would be a nice combination.  Brian liked the mac 'n cheese, though, and felt it was a nice complement to his (non-vegan) Hipster Burger.


Spring Vegetable Saute - $3.00

Vegan "Mac 'n Cheese" - $3.00

As I said, the new menu will be rolled out on Tuesday for the Summer Solstice.  I won't make it to Woodbridge on Tuesday but I can guarantee it won't be very long before I go check it out.  I'll be sure to let you know what vegan dishes they come up with this season!


Woodbridge Pub is located at 5169 Trumbull in Detroit
Open Monday-Wednesday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 11:00 a.m. - midnight; Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment