Monday, June 13, 2011

School's Out for Summer

Although the solstice isn't until June 21t, today is officially MY first day of summer.  I waved good-bye to my 3rd graders last Thursday, boxed up my classroom on Friday, and ran away from my school as fast I could while carrying 4 tote bags slung over my shoulders.  Free at last!  It was one hell of a year and I am ready to spend the next 8 weeks or so recharging my batteries.

What am I going to do with all my free time?  Read, run, and cook more.  Bake bread.  Spend more time with family and friends.  Clean the house on a regular basis.  Keep up with the gardening and yard work.  Take a few vacations.  I am especially looking forward to Fridays when I start the day with yoga and a visit to the local farmers' market.  And of course, I plan on blogging more regularly so be sure to check back often!  

How do you plan on relaxing this summer?

1 comment:

  1. The most awesome day of the year is the last day of school! Every year! It is the best feeling! I plan on trying to do half as much as you and I will be happy....start walking again... YOGA.. and get rid of the dairy!

    ReplyDelete