Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pinwheel Bakery - Ferndale, MI

Yesterday Brian and I went to Ferndale to check out The Rust Belt Market, which is a collection of local artists/vendors.  Basically an Etsy that you can walk through.  It's pretty sweet. 

We don't go to Ferndale often and weren't really thinking about what else is there other than our destination.  Imagine my excitement, then, when I got out of the car and realized we had parked right in front of THE best place to buy vegan cookies in all of southeast Michigan - Pinwheel Bakery!


This was my first time actually going to Pinwheel Bakery but I've indulged in their cookies before.  For my 30th birthday party, Katie brought an enormous box of their cookies.  There were 5 different kinds (Sugar, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin, something with pecans?) and they were all amazing.  The texture is like the best homemade cookie I can imagine - a little crisp around the edges but soft and almost fluffy inside.  I know I ate at least 6 cookies just that night!  I've been wanting to get to Pinwheel myself since and just haven't made it out there. 

A peek inside

Yesterday they had 4 different vegan cookies - Oatmeal Date Ginger Pecan, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin, and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.  I had to go with the Oatmeal Date Ginger Pecan.  And it was definitely the right call.  It was so yummy!  I loved the big chunks of ginger. 

Oatmeal Date Ginger Pecan Cookie - $1.75

They also had vegan brownies and the incredibly friendly girl working there said they have vegan muffins every morning, as well.  I'd actually love to go earlier in the day for coffee because inside Pinwheel Bakery is The Red Hook coffee shop.  Delicious coffee and a vegan muffin?  Yes please! 

Pinwheel Bakery is located at 220 W. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, Michigan 48220

Check out Pinwheel Bakery and The Red Hook coffee shop on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment