Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Woodbridge Pub - Summer Menu 2012

Woodbridge Pub recently introduced their summer menu and Brian and I stopped in last weekend to check it out.  As usual, there are quite a few vegan options.

Appetizers: Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Grilled Vegetables
Soup: Gazpacho
Sandwiches: Stever McFever, White Bean Burger (both menu mainstays)
Entree: Ratatouille
Sides: Sweet Corn Salad, Cilantro Rice, Summer Vegetable Saute 

I wanted to try a few things (um, everything) so I ordered an appetizer, soup, and a side.  Our server was SO excited that I was getting three things.  He said, "I see what you're doing . . . and I LIKE it!"  Then he called me a rock star!  And when he brought me all my food out at once, I sure felt like one.  Or a food critic.  But I like rock star better.

Okay, so I went with the gazpacho, the grilled vegetables, and the sweet corn salad.  All of them were delicious, all of them are highly recommended, and all of them I would get again.  My favorite was by far the gazpacho.  So let's start with that.

Gazpacho - $3.50 (cup), $4.50 (bowl)

I've never really given gazpacho much of a chance.  Mostly because it's cold and to me cold soup just doesn't seem natural.  But on a 90 degree day, it really hit the spot!  The fresh tomatoes, basil, melon, and lime were a perfect flavor combination and it had just the right amount of spice to it.  I could have easily eaten more than one bowl of this!


Grilled Vegetables - $9.00

The grilled vegetable appetizer made a great mini-meal for one.  The zucchini, peppers, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, and yellow squash were grilled in olive oil and salt and came with some sort of oil and vinegar on the side for dipping and/or drizzling (I didn't try it, though).  There was also a baguette on the side.  The bread was good and I dipped it in my soup but it had a lot of oil on it.  Next time I will ask for it without any oil.  (I gave half of the slices to Brian to go with his pasta.)

Sweet Corn Salad - $4.00

While the sweet corn salad side dish didn't exactly go with my soup and vegetables, it did taste amazing!  Fresh, crisp corn mixed with peppers and cilantro and some kind of light dressing.  This would go well with the guacamole or pico de gallo and the Stever McFever black bean burger.   

I'm looking forward to going back to try the ratatouille and the other side dishes.  If I can get myself to order more than just the gazpacho, that is!

Woodbridge Pub is located at 5169 Trumbull in Detroit

1 comment: