Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rehearsal Dinner - Mudgie's Deli

As I mentioned in Friday's post, Brian's brother's wedding was this weekend.  Everything about the wedding worked out perfectly.  The bride and groom looked stunning, the food tasted delicious, the wine was free-flowing (perhaps a little too free-flowing, ha ha), the band sounded amazing, and the reception site looked beautiful.  We had a blast!

Although the food at the wedding was good, this post isn't going to be about that.  What I really want to tell you about is the rehearsal dinner at Mudgie's Deli.  (Please check out my previous Mudgie's post if you haven't seen it yet.)  Mudgie's is very small so Tony and Callie rented the whole place for the event.  They let the owner, Greg Mudge, know ahead of time that I'm vegan so he made sure that each course had an option for me.  He even either personally brought me my food or came to the table to let me know which items were vegan.  Talk about being accommodating!  He was just so super nice and friendly about it all, too.  And the food was absolutely amazing!  Everything was so fresh and delicious.  I can't say enough good things about the food!  Check out the pics of what I ate.


Plenty 'o Perkins Pickles

Mixed greens with strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette 

Strawberry basil gazpacho

Vegan slider and pasta salad


Oatmeal raisin cookie from Pinwheel Bakery and balsamic glazed strawberries

While everything was delicious, my favorite was the gazpacho.  I've never tasted anything like it.  Their soups change daily and are listed on their website and Facebook page.  If you haven't been to Mudgie's, be sure to stop in soon and check it out!

Mudgie's Deli is located at 1300 Porter Street in Detroit

1 comment:

  1. It was an elegant and fun wedding. Mudgies looks terrific as well. NOthing like that personal touch to make things perfect.

    ReplyDelete